Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pot of Gold

Well, Saturday's empty house clay time went amazingly well.  The baby slept for over three hours (which is rare!) and I got all my initial colors mixed in that time.  Saturday night I got to start construction and then Sunday I got to finish it and reduce.  Today I made some beads and pendants.  I feel so productive. 

Here are the pictures.  The raw cane was before reducing was skinnier than my usual (if you can believe that) but also a bit longer, so I still have LOTS of it.

 

There are little shamrocks on each gold coin...

  

I was happy to see that the design still held its own even at the smaller size....

All in all, it was a lot of fun to be claying in my new studio area in my basement.  It's a little harder to get down there and steal moments like I could when my clay was taking over the entire first floor of our house, but I have a happier husband and lots of shelves to put things on.  Almost all my supplies are off the floor, and that's saying a lot.

1 comment: