Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I've been out of touch

I've been gone from the polymer clay world for a long time.  In 2003 I went to Ravensdale and a lot of people I met there seemed convinced I would be teaching at the next one.  Then clay took a backseat when I got a full time job and moved out on my own with my son.  Now I'm married and a stay at home mom and I realized recently that I'm in the perfect position to pursue my dream of selling my artwork.  By "perfect position" I mean that I have health insurance and time.

So the intimidating part is that the polymer clay community has exploded since I've been gone.  While I still hold on to that dream of selling and teaching, I feel like I'm way behind.  Instead of trying to catch up I will jump in where I am and make the most of it.

In light of all this, I think the vision I have for this blog has changed already.  I'm going to talk about caning, my inspirations, and getting back up to speed with all the rest of the clay world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment